Ruppert Murdoch Media Holdings
Ruppert Murdoch- current chairman and managing director of News Corporation.
-NewsCorp owns these film companies
* Twentieth Century Fox
* Twentieth Century Fox Español
* Twentieth Century Fox International
* Twentieth Century Fox Television
* Fox Searchlight Pictures
* Fox Studios Australia
* Fox Studios Baja
* Fox Studios Los Angeles
* Fox Television Studios
NewsCorp owns these broadcast/production assets
* 20th Century Fox Television
* 20th Television
* Fox Broadcasting Company
* Fox International Channels Italy
* Fox Kids (1990-2002)
* Fox Sports Australia
* Fox Telecolombia
* Fox Television Stations
* Fox Television Studios
* Imedi TV
* Latvijas Neatkarīgā Televīzija
* STAR TV
* TV5 Rīga
NewsCorp owns these Cable Assets
* Big Ten Network (49%)
* Fox Business Network
* Fox College Sports
* Fox Movie Channel
* Fox News Channel
* Fox Soccer Channel
* Fox Sports Enterprises
* Fox Sports en Español
* Fox Sports Net
* FUEL TV
* FX Networks
* Fox Reality
* National Geographic Channel (50%)
o National Geographic Channel UK (50%)
* SPEED Channel
* LAPTV (Latin America — co-owned with Paramount Pictures/Viacom, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer/MGM Holdings and Universal Studios/NBC Universal)
* Telecine (Brazil — co-owned with Globosat Canais, Paramount Pictures, MGM, Universal Studios and DreamWorks);
NewsCorp owns these direct broadcast satellite assets..
* BSkyB (39.1%)
* Sky Deutschland (30.5%)
* SKY Italia
* SKY Network Television (43.65%)
* Tata Sky (20%)
NewsCorp owns these internet assets…
* Fox Interactive Media
o Rotten Tomatoes
* News Digital Media
* Slingshot Labs
NewsCorp owns these magazine and inserts assets…
* donna hay
* News America Marketing
NewsCorp owns these newspapers…
* News International
o United Kingdom
+ The Sun
+ News of the World
+ The Times
+ Sunday Times
+ thelondonpaper (a free newspaper)
* News Limited
+ The Daily Telegraph (Sydney)
+ The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney)
+ The Australian (national)
+ The Weekend Australian (national)
+ The Advertiser (Adelaide)
+ Sunday Mail (Adelaide)
+ The Sunday Times (Perth)
+ Herald Sun (Melbourne)
+ Sunday Herald Sun (Melbourne)
+ mX (Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane)
+ The Courier-Mail (Brisbane)
+ The Cairns Post (Cairns, Queensland)
+ Geelong Advertiser
+ Gold Coast Bulletin
+ The Mercury and Sunday Tasmanian (Hobart)
+ Northern Territory News (Darwin)
+ The Sunday Territorian (Darwin)
+ Australian Associated Press (45%)
o New Zealand
+ Sunday Star-Times
o Papua New Guinea
+ Papua New Guinea Post-Courier
+ The Fiji Times
o United States
+ New York Post
+ The Wall Street Journal
+ Times Herald Record
+ The Brooklyn Paper
+ Dow Jones & Company
# Consumer Media Group
* The Wall Street Journal – the leading US financial newspaper.
* Wall Street Journal Europe
* Wall Street Journal Asia
* Barron’s — weekly financial markets magazine.
* Marketwatch – Financial news and information website.
* Far Eastern Economic Review
# Enterprise Media Group
* Dow Jones Newswires – global, real-time news and information provider.
* Factiva – provides business news and information together with content delivery tools and services.
* Dow Jones Indexes – stock market indexes and indicators, including the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
* Dow Jones Financial Information Services — produces databases, electronic media, newsletters, conferences, directories, and other information services on specialised markets and industry sectors.
* Betten Financial News — leading Dutch language financial and economic news service.
# Local Media Group
* Ottaway Community Newspapers – 8 daily and 15 weekly regional newspapers.
# STOXX (33%) – joint venture with Deutsche Boerse and SWG Group for the development and distribution of Dow Jones STOXX indices.
# Vedomosti (33%) – Russia’s leading financial newspaper (joint venture with Financial Times and Independent Media).
# SmartMoney (50%)
NewsCorp owns these book publishing companies…
o HarperCollins India (40%) joint venture with India Today Group
* Zondervan Publishing
o Youth Specialties — organisation helping youth workers worldwide through training seminars and conventions, resources and the internet.
o Inspirio — religious gift production.
NewsCorp miscellaneous holdings…
* National Rugby League (NRL) (50%)
* Ansett Australia, Until 2000 (50%)
* Jamba! – Mobile Entertainment/Mobile Handsets Personalisation/Games.
* News Outdoor Group – Largest outdoor advertising company in Eastern Europe with over 70,000 ads including billboards and bus shelters, operating in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, India, Israel, Poland, Romania, Russia (96 cities), Turkey & Ukraine.
o Maximedia Israel (67%)
o Mosgorreklama (50%) – Russia sign and marketing material manufacturer
o Kamera Acikhava Reklamclik (?) – leading outdoor advertising company in Turkey
* NDS Group (49%) – DRM and conditional access company.